LION ROAR JGSDF Honda XLR 250 Motorcycle update set

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LION ROAR JGSDF Honda XLR 250 Motorcycle update set

Post  Jenny Ryan on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:07 am

The biggest problem with 1/35th scale motorcycles is that plastic is not the ideal material to create authentic looking spokes or chains . Therefore when the otherwise excellent Tamiya Honda XLR250 was released we waited for an aftermarket manufacturer to grab the batton & provide what modellers needed to provide an accurate model of the "Baja"

The Tamiya kit was always going to have a JGSDF slant to the vehicle with its release . The "Baja" is a lot more widely used bike than just the JGSDF , being sold as a dirt bike in every country in the world & used by special forces as an off road recce vehicle .

The contents of the Lion Roar kit are a single modest fret of brass . & a double sided instruction sheet , no other multi media is included in the kit .

One definate plus with this etch set is that Lion Roar have included the self adhesive film used on the recent nuts & bolts etch . The individual parts are still attached to the fret but if cut off first , they will not "go ping" & be eaten by the carpet monster !

Well besides of course the beautiful spokes , are a two part chain & the chain guard . The front wheel brake is beautifull rendered as well . Replacement hand guards & two rear view mirrors omitted from the Tamiya kit are added . The brush guard has replacement panels of scale thickness as well as a stone guard for the headlight . New footstands & clutch kicker , replacement luggage rack crossmembers , a new numberplate & a tiny kick stand spring are also there (Madness ! ) .

Included also is a replacement Pannier rack for the part included , I am pretty sure this is a JGSDF addition as the stock Honda panniers (after market option ) are of a different design .

The parts included will make this kit a far more accurate looking XLR 250. I hope that an aftermarket company will do a small decal sheet with the graphics for the Honda licence seat & fuel tank markings . A set of road bike fairings in resin would be great for more civilian options too .

Now we have the options for a more accurate " Baja " , I look forward to building my own , Hmmmmm JGDSF ???? ..... maybe in the back of a Special forces Hilux ........ or a Dumvee .......

Thoroughly reccomended

Jenny

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Oh Hell Yeah!

Post  Panzer on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:16 pm

Now this is my bag, I have a serb soldier posed on this kit flipping the bird, I need this set to finish it off.
Panzer

Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top