33002 - Lancer (Lancer Faction) Plugger #1 (Female Lancer Crew Mate) – Bombshell Miniatures “Counterblast” 32mm Pewter (metal) figure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

33002 - Lancer (Lancer Faction) Plugger #1 (Female Lancer Crew Mate) – Bombshell Miniatures “Counterblast” 32mm Pewter (metal) figure

Post  ShawnGehling on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:29 am

By Shawn W Gehling

Bombshell Miniatures has some very nice looking figures for their game, or if you just like Sci-Fi figures. I recently received “Lancer (Illyrian) Plugger #1 from Bombshell Miniatures via Modelers Social Club, MSC Review Connect to review. I wish I knew more about the Counterblast adventure battle game, but the figure has amazing detail for such a small scale and represents a female human type character.
The Kit:

Contains 1 figure and 1 base and sells for $9.99.
It can also be purchased in kit # 3300 – Counterblast Adventure Battle Game Lancer Faction Core set which contains six (6) figures for $49.95 which would be great if you are building army.
The 32mm figure is cast in pewter and comes with a plastic 25mm round base.
The figure is complete and is armed with a Particle Beam Pistol. Upon looking closer you see the incredible amount of crisp detailing that Bombshell Miniatures has put into this figure, her uniform has great detail.
Clean up is minimal. Mold seams are barely noticeable and what flash there is, is located on the part that inserts into the base. This should make clean up very easy. The seam is light, where it can be seen at all and the pewter used is soft enough to easily remove with a light sanding.
As I said before, I wish I knew more about the game. The Lancer Plugger #1 is an extremely cool looking female figure.
I highly recommend this figure if you are into the game, or just like a cool looking Sci-Fi figures.  Its size is small and you will need to take care painting it, the decent price, would also make this a great piece for someone starting out on figures or learning the art of figure painting.
I would like to thank Modelers Social Club, MSC Review Connect and Bombshell Miniatures for providing this review sample.  Check out their website if you are interested in this piece or would like to see what else Bombshell Miniatures has to offer.
https://www.facebook.com/ModelerSocialClub
http://trmreviewconnect.wordpress.com/
http://bombshell-miniatures.highwire.com/

Paint review:
Lancer Plugger #1
Lancer Plugger (able-bodied human female) is from Bombshell Miniatures and is part of the Lancer Faction of the Counterblast game. She wasn’t modified at all.
Lancer Plugger #1 was first primed with a light Grey primer.
Her basic uniform color is Purple Iris.
Her boots, gloves and secondary uniform color are Metallic Peridot.
Her skin tone color is Sunkissed Peach.
His eyes were painted White with the iris being Navy Blue.
Her lips are Bubble Gum (pink)
His Particle Beam Pistol, and communications gear are Metallic gunmetal Gray.
His hair is Melted Chocolate.
Her weapons belt/web gear, knee pads and shoe weights are Metallic Christmas Green.
The shadow of her empty Particle Beam Pistol holster is Black.
Acrylic paints used:
Folk Art Metallic (Gunmetal Gray, Christmas Green and Peridot).
Folk Art Non-Metallic (Black)
Apple Barrel None Metallic (Purple Iris, Sunkissed Peach, Melted Chocolate, White and Bubble Gum).
Ceramcoat (Navy Blue).
Base:
The base was provided with the kit and was covered with bits and pieces of plastic to show damage. Everything was painted Metallic Gunmetal Grey. This was a fun little figure to paint. I did not give her a black wash, but you could and it would make all the detail stand out that much more.

ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 33002 - Lancer (Lancer Faction) Plugger #1 (Female Lancer Crew Mate) – Bombshell Miniatures “Counterblast” 32mm Pewter (metal) figure

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:01 am

These and other gaming figures can often be used to introduce youngsters into figure painting and diorama building. That's how my niece got into model figure building.

What paints did you use?

Many fantasy gaming paints have/had weird names.

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 33002 - Lancer (Lancer Faction) Plugger #1 (Female Lancer Crew Mate) – Bombshell Miniatures “Counterblast” 32mm Pewter (metal) figure

Post  ShawnGehling on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:52 am

Peter,
The paints are listed in the review.
Most are just common acrylic paints that I get at Wal-Mart and craft stores like Michael's.
I didn't use any of the gaming type colors.
Shawn

ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top