A quick look inside the new Trumpeter T-90 (cast turret) with dimensional comparison to the Meng kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A quick look inside the new Trumpeter T-90 (cast turret) with dimensional comparison to the Meng kit

Post  Umineko on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 pm

A quick look at the Trumpeter T-90 Cast Turret.
first impressions are very good, parts are cleanly molded and a comparison of critical dimensions with the excellent Meng kit reveal a very favorable similarity. While I have not yet started construction I am confident that it will build up well, construction is less complicated than the Meng kit and of course no engine is provided, tracks are non workable individual links but seem reasonably well detailed, suspension is also non workable, but can be positioned to suit dioramas as needed. cast detail on the turret is not as well done as I would have liked and the prominent weld seams over the forward composite armor cavities are not well represented but these details can be improved upon by the modeler himself / herself  More to come soon

Last edited by Umineko on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Umineko
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick look inside the new Trumpeter T-90 (cast turret) with dimensional comparison to the Meng kit

Post  Jenny Ryan on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:18 am

Very comprehensive Mr Fudd Azrael Very Happy  , looks like it is fairly close comparitively and I imagine considerably cheaper Very Happy  .

Jenny flower 

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick look inside the new Trumpeter T-90 (cast turret) with dimensional comparison to the Meng kit

Post  Umineko on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:34 am

Actually Jenny there is not a lot to choose from price wise, ex Hong Kong the cheapest is the Zvezda kit at around A$30, but it has innumerable dimensional errors, Trumpeter comes in next at around A$38 and then Meng tops the list at A$45. the bonus here is that the Trumpeter kit represents an early T-90 with the cast turret, whereas the Meng kit (and the Zvezda offering) are the later T-90A with the welded (Vladimir) turret. So if you want an early T-90 the Trumpeter kit is the only game in town at this point... and you can easily fit a set of RMSh (РМШ "Резинометаллический шарнир") tracks (as fitted to T-72 and updated T-55 / 62) which will give you the initial version of the T-90 (sometimes erroneously referred to as the "T-72BM" in spite of the fact that this nomenclature never technically existed in Russian military documentation)Very Happy Very Happy

Umineko
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top