M-51 Isherman

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Roger V on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:19 am

Wow!!!!!!!!!
It is very nyce.
I like it
I want to see more soon

Roger V
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 48
Location Location : Qu├ębec, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:00 am

Roger V wrote:Wow!!!!!!!!!
It is very nyce.
I like it
I want to see more soon

Thanks Roger!

J

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:21 am

Hi there Captain Jack.

it sure is looking good.

I found it interesting that you painted the lower hull and running gear before assembling the rest of the model. You must have confidence that you can duplicate that colour for the rest of the model later.

I like the little add ons too. They're what sets a model apart from a OOB build. I think I'll take a look at my Academy one and see how the small parts like fuel caps compare.

Thanks for sharing your progress with us.

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:41 am

Tankbuilder2 wrote:Hi there Captain Jack.

it sure is looking good.

I found it interesting that you painted the lower hull and running gear before assembling the rest of the model. You must have confidence that you can duplicate that colour for the rest of the model later.

I like the little add ons too. They're what sets a model apart from a OOB build. I think I'll take a look at my Academy one and see how the small parts like fuel caps compare.

Thanks for sharing your progress with us.

Cheers

Thanks TB!!

Well it's about light and shadow. The running gear is in the shadow so it will be darker. It does not need to match the upper hull so the only part that needs to match is the transmission cover. Anyway I think things will work out.

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 am

I think things look great and that painting the lower assembly prior to fully assemblimg the kit is an interesting idea. I might try it too. It sure makes it a lot easier to get the paint in and around the bogie wheels. I'm watching this with a lot of interest and am getting a greater itch to start my Academy M-51.

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 am

Tankbuilder2 wrote:I think things look great and that painting the lower assembly prior to fully assemblimg the kit is an interesting idea. I might try it too. It sure makes it a lot easier to get the paint in and around the bogie wheels. I'm watching this with a lot of interest and am getting a greater itch to start my Academy M-51.

Cheers

I would love to see your take on the M-51. GO FOR IT!

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 am

Thanks Captain Jack.

I think I will as this group build and the interest some have in the M-51 will give me great reason to finally get that kit built. I've had it for a numer of years now and never started it though I've often looked at its contents.

I'll get some images up soon.

I think I'll be able to learn some things from your build here too.

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:38 am

Tankbuilder2 wrote:Thanks Captain Jack.

I think I will as this group build and the interest some have in the M-51 will give me great reason to finally get that kit built. I've had it for a numer of years now and never started it though I've often looked at its contents.

I'll get some images up soon.

I think I'll be able to learn some things from your build here too.

Cheers

COOL!!!!

The learning will be mutual I'm sure.

J

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I have been adding new hull details. I have replaced some the details with some spare parts from a Dragon kit. I have also added to some lead foil brackets to the tools.

Jack


















CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  John T on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 pm

That's some nice extra detailing Captn!

Cheers
JT

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 52
Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:02 am

Shalom Captain Jack.

That is some awesome detailing you are doing there.

I have discovered that the Tamiya kit is suitable for the 1967 Six Day War and that the Academy kit is better suited for the !973 Yom Kippur War.

After seeing your build I'm going to try and get a Tamiya M-51 but I fear it's out of production.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your build. It looks like you are on a roll now.

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:38 am

John T wrote:That's some nice extra detailing Captn!

Cheers
JT

Thanks JT!

After doing some research I found some details I have missed.

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 am

Tankbuilder2 wrote:Shalom Captain Jack.

That is some awesome detailing you are doing there.

I have discovered that the Tamiya kit is suitable for the 1967 Six Day War and that the Academy kit is better suited for the !973 Yom Kippur War.

After seeing your build I'm going to try and get a Tamiya M-51 but I fear it's out of production.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your build. It looks like you are on a roll now.

Cheers

Thanks TB!!

I don't think the Tamiya kit is out of production. It's a pretty new kit offering.

J

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Jenny Ryan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:36 am

That Sherman is looking mighty mean and the extra detailing will mke this real special Very Happy

Jenny flower

_________________
http://jennyinteractive.blogspot.com.au/

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Posts : 6598
Join date : 2008-11-17
Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 am

Jenny Ryan wrote:That Sherman is looking mighty mean and the extra detailing will mke this real special Very Happy

Jenny flower

Thanks Jenny!

J

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  G Cooper on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:17 am


Hiya Captain:

I like the way this is coming together for you. And your little detail bits are looking real nice too.

Gary Cool

_________________
BBQ Master Extraordinaire .
Honest; It was on fire when I got here !

Like a Star @ heaven

G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2009-01-16
Age : 104
Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:15 pm

G Cooper wrote:
Hiya Captain:

I like the way this is coming together for you. And your little detail bits are looking real nice too.

Gary Cool

Thanks Gary!

J

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:46 am

I did a little painting on the upper hull. Starting with a really dark green I have worked my way up to varying shades of IDF sand. Then I applied a couple of oil washes and this is where I am right now.

Jack
















CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:59 am

Shalom.

That is looking really good.

I guess at this rate you'll have it finished pretty soon?

Cheers


Last edited by Tankbuilder2 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  John T on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Jack, the hull is looking very nice! The shading and built up highlights really give everything volume.

Cheers
JT

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 52
Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Tankbuilder2 wrote:Shalom.

That is looking really good.

I guess at this rate you'll have it finished pretty soon?

Cheers

Oh still a ways to go yet, but no reason to let the grass grow under you feet.

J

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:42 pm

John T wrote:Hi Jack, the hull is looking very nice! The shading and built up highlights really give everything volume.

Cheers
JT

Thanks JT! I may go back and highlight some things a little more.

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm

I did some more highlights on the hull. Also I finished the turret details and started the painting process.

Jack




















CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Shalom.

The turret is really looking great. Who makes the tanker?

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks TB! The figure comes with the kit.

J

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:12 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum