M-51 Isherman

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Jenny Ryan on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm

I was thinking it just needed a bit of ............ red Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Hey how about you put a couple of those ranging poles , red and white and slide them in next to the pick ? I reckon it will really make the stowage pop ! Very Happy

Jenny flower

_________________
http://jennyinteractive.blogspot.com.au/

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Posts : 6598
Join date : 2008-11-17
Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Jenny Ryan wrote:I was thinking it just needed a bit of ............ red Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Hey how about you put a couple of those ranging poles , red and white and slide them in next to the pick ? I reckon it will really make the stowage pop ! Very Happy

Jenny flower

I was thinking the same thing. Another thing I thought of was making the the bag hanging off the turret a first aid bag with a white circle and red cross.

Thanks Jenny!

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 pm

CaptainJack wrote:
Jenny Ryan wrote:I was thinking it just needed a bit of ............ red Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Hey how about you put a couple of those ranging poles , red and white and slide them in next to the pick ? I reckon it will really make the stowage pop ! Very Happy

Jenny flower

I was thinking the same thing. Another thing I thought of was making the the bag hanging off the turret a first aid bag with a white circle and red cross.

Thanks Jenny!

Shalom Captain Jack.

That wold add a splash of colour. I'm doing somethng similar on some of my IDF tanks. I'm going to use a red Star of David insted of a red cross though. Echelon makes a set of decals with the Red star of David.

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Hey thanks for that bit of information about the red star. Sometimes I forget what country I'm modeling.

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  John T on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Great looking stowage, it just gets better all the time!

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 52
Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:56 pm

John T wrote:Great looking stowage, it just gets better all the time!

Thanks John! I'm running out of things to do. Almost time to start something new.

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  G Cooper on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 am


Hi Capt. Jack:

That looks great with the stowage and the weathering. Really great all around. And the commander is real nice peekin out of his hatch too.

Gary Cool

_________________
BBQ Master Extraordinaire .
Honest; It was on fire when I got here !

Like a Star @ heaven

G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2009-01-16
Age : 104
Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 am

G Cooper wrote:
Hi Capt. Jack:

That looks great with the stowage and the weathering. Really great all around. And the commander is real nice peekin out of his hatch too.

Gary Cool

Thanks Gary!!!

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 am

Well I'm gonna call this one done!!! Finished the headlights, tail lights, added some range poles for some color, and added the antennas. Thanks for all your comments and for following along.

Jack!



































pirat


Last edited by CaptainJack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 5 times in total

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Tankbuilder2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:47 am

Shalom.

Congratulations! That is one sweet looking M-51 Super Sherman. I hope mine turns out even half as good. I really like the stowage on the rear deck.

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-11-15
Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Jenny Ryan on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 am

Geez , you rocked this build Jack , this is one mighty awesome finished Sherman cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers ! I bet you are happy with it , I will be so happy if mine even comes close to as good as this quality .

Jenny flower

_________________
http://jennyinteractive.blogspot.com.au/

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Posts : 6598
Join date : 2008-11-17
Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  S P Hammerton on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

An absolutely superb build Sir

I can't fault it

Simon

_________________
You don't get to look like this through clean living!
www.simonhammerton.co.uk

S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Posts : 1596
Join date : 2009-02-14
Age : 55
Location Location : St Just, West Cornwall

http://www.simonhammerton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  John T on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:02 pm

I have to agree, that is just awesome! Adding the range poles was a good call, and now things are tied down the stowage is perfect IMO!

Very nice, this would not look out of place on the cover of a model mag I reckon. Congrats Cap'n!

Cheers
JT

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 52
Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Tankbuilder2 wrote:Shalom.

Congratulations! That is one sweet looking M-51 Super Sherman. I hope mine turns out even half as good. I really like the stowage on the rear deck.

Cheers

Thanks! I'm sure you will do fine. Looking forward to seeing yours come along.

Jack


Last edited by CaptainJack on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Jenny Ryan wrote:Geez , you rocked this build Jack , this is one mighty awesome finished Sherman cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers ! I bet you are happy with it , I will be so happy if mine even comes close to as good as this quality .

Jenny flower

Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty happy with it, but there is always something to do things better. From what I've seen I have a ways to go before getting up to your level, but thank you for the kind words.

Jack(aka Aunty)


Last edited by CaptainJack on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm

S P Hammerton wrote:An absolutely superb build Sir

I can't fault it

Simon

Thank you Sir! If you do see something please let me know for future reference.

CJ

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:36 pm

John T wrote:I have to agree, that is just awesome! Adding the range poles was a good call, and now things are tied down the stowage is perfect IMO!

Very nice, this would not look out of place on the cover of a model mag I reckon. Congrats Cap'n!

Cheers
JT

Well the poles were Jenny's idea, but yeah they tie things together. Oh my a mag cover! You're gonna make me blush. Razz

Thanks John!

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  John Short on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:42 am

A very, very, very nice job Jack. I like it heaps.

John Short
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 349
Join date : 2009-02-23
Age : 47
Location Location : Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:37 pm

John Short wrote:A very, very, very nice job Jack. I like it heaps.

Thanks John!

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  G Cooper on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:33 pm


Hiya Captain:

That is some awsome work you did on that. It really looks just fantastic cheers cheers cheers

Gary Cool

_________________
BBQ Master Extraordinaire .
Honest; It was on fire when I got here !

Like a Star @ heaven

G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Posts : 3027
Join date : 2009-01-16
Age : 104
Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:10 am

G Cooper wrote:
Hiya Captain:

That is some awsome work you did on that. It really looks just fantastic cheers cheers cheers

Gary Cool

Thanks Gary!

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

WOW!!

Post  Bill Porter on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am

Looks GREAT Jack! you make it look so easy lol. Great paint and weathering my friend! Bravo!!

Bill Porter
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  CaptainJack on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Bill Porter wrote:Looks GREAT Jack! you make it look so easy lol. Great paint and weathering my friend! Bravo!!

Thanks Bill!! Welcome aboard!

Jack

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Posts : 239
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 53
Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: M-51 Isherman

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:12 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum