Coming soon from Pit Road

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coming soon from Pit Road

Post  G Cooper on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:42 pm

I saw these tasty looking little treats buried in the middle of the photoexplosion of the Japan Hobby Show. They look like some way cool kits if you can get a-hold of them.

There is this little thing that they call "I.J.A. Type 92 Heavy Armored Car (late type)"

And this one that I assume is "I.J.A. Type 92 Heavy Armored Car (early type)"

And then another thingamathingy called "I.J.A. Type 98 4t" I think it is an artillamary dragerarounderersummpin Rolling Eyes

And then there is some modern stuff also. This is the J.G.S.D.F. Type 89 A.C.V.

And also this coooooool little beast that would look way nice sitting next to some Leopards Very Happy. And yes. . . this is 1/35th scale, and no it is not the old Tamiya kit. this is all new and shiney cheers

Ohhh cyclops
Who is that! What a Face
I really don't know how she got here. . . . Suspect
But I think I might have to do some research before I try to paint all those skin tones What a Face

Gary Cool

Like a Star @ heaven

G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming soon from Pit Road

Post  Jenny Ryan on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 am

Oooh it is Mary Poppins Japanese rival "Mary Popouts" Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I like the little tractor thingy , would look really kewl pulling out a bogged tank Very Happy

Jenny flower

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  John T on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:58 am

Jenny Ryan wrote:Oooh it is Mary Poppins Japanese rival "Mary Popouts" Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
lol! lol! lol!

I seen that tractor thingy at HLJ, it looks very funky!

All of Mary's friends are there too, also very funky Shocked

Monkey likes it funky.

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zod on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 am

I like that AA tank.

The Zod
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Fighting Superman

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil_H on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 am

The closest ID I can make on the "AA tank" is the JGSDF Type 87 SPAAG.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/type_87_spaag.htm

Phil_H
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Sydney, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  G Cooper on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Phil_H wrote:The closest ID I can make on the "AA tank" is the JGSDF Type 87 SPAAG.

cheers cheers cheers

Thank you so much Phil. That is indeed what the little beast is. I must admit that I saw the thing and my enormous brain Suspect immediatley labeled it as the West German Gepard 1A2 that I didn't do anything to make sure that was right. Anyways, thanks again as we now have an accurate description of it.

And now I gotta say that it would look cool sitting next to some Japanese Type 90's What a Face .

Gary Cool

Like a Star @ heaven

G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyBatty on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:46 am

Both of those Type 92s are late models, in fact the same tank. But the first one (G17SP) has etched parts and the second (G17M) doesnt, though theyre both the same price. Maybe theres no figure in the second.

RoyBatty
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Saitama, Japan

Back to top Go down

Post  G Cooper on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:06 am

RoyBatty wrote:Both of those Type 92s are late models, in fact the same tank. But the first one (G17SP) has etched parts and the second (G17M) doesnt, though theyre both the same price. Maybe theres no figure in the second.

Ahh. They are playin tricks on me with that one. Now that I study it carefully what looks like a short barreled heavy cannon on the first one, looks more like being the same as the other one, just with the gun upside down Suspect in relation to the other one Shocked

Gary scratch

Like a Star @ heaven

G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:39 am

G Cooper wrote:
RoyBatty wrote:Both of those Type 92s are late models, in fact the same tank. But the first one (G17SP) has etched parts and the second (G17M) doesnt, though theyre both the same price. Maybe theres no figure in the second.

Ahh. They are playin tricks on me with that one. Now that I study it carefully what looks like a short barreled heavy cannon on the first one, looks more like being the same as the other one, just with the gun upside down Suspect in relation to the other one Shocked

Gary scratch

They have done what we call a Laura because if you do not check the instructions , for direction of tracks or which way up something goes then the Laur a averages says you put the damn thing on upside down and back to front Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Jenny flower

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyBatty on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 am

I think they just didnt finish the hull gun on the unpainted one, or at least its no so easy to see because of a slightly different angle. The kanji (Chinese characters) for both say "late model", and they both have the open-spoked four road wheels, whereas the early model had six solid road wheels. Ill try to post pix later.

RoyBatty
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Saitama, Japan

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil_H on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:39 am

G Cooper wrote:
Phil_H wrote:The closest ID I can make on the "AA tank" is the JGSDF Type 87 SPAAG.

cheers cheers cheers

Thank you so much Phil. That is indeed what the little beast is. I must admit that I saw the thing and my enormous brain Suspect immediatley labeled it as the West German Gepard 1A2 that I didn't do anything to make sure that was right. Anyways, thanks again as we now have an accurate description of it.

And now I gotta say that it would look cool sitting next to some Japanese Type 90's What a Face .

Gary Cool

You're welcome Gary, Very Happy
I looked at it and thought "hey, that's not a Leopard hull". I've always liked the look of the twin 35mm turret so I had a quick look around to see if I could ID it.
I believe the turret is modular and is designed to be adaptable to a range of suitable base vehicles.
Interesting that they have relocated the tracking radar to the base of the search radar.

I've had the old Tamiya kit patiently waiting to be built since about 1982... Rolling Eyes

Wonder if this one might turn up in a Trumpeter box like the other JGSDF vehicles. The Type 89 APC has previously been Trumpeter-boxed - do we know if this one is a new tool kit or if it's an updated version of the original?

Phil_H
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Sydney, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainJack on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Jenny Ryan wrote:
G Cooper wrote:

Gary scratch

They have done what we call a Laura because if you do not check the instructions , for direction of tracks or which way up something goes then the Laur a averages says you put the damn thing on upside down and back to front Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Jenny flower

Yeah they are turned around. Didn't notice until now.

Who's Laura????

pirat

CaptainJack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top