New Kits Coming from Inside the Armour

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Kits Coming from Inside the Armour

Post  ChrisITA on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Guys

Some big news for you!

As some of you may have seen on PMMS already, I have purchased a number of Masters from Cromwell Models. These kits will now be produced ONLY by Inside the Armour

They are
Churchill MkI/II Conversion (Early) includes all new suspension, roadwheels, air intakes plus all the other parts needed to make a MkI or MkII from teh AFV Club Churchill kits

Churchill MkI/II Mid/Late- all the parts you need to make a mid/late production. a smaller kit as the mudguards, suspension and air intakes were the same on the mid late as the MkIII

Churchill MkI/II Dieppe - a set specific to Dieppe MkI/II Churchills, including all new etched deep wading kit

NOTE: All three churchill kits have also been enhanced with additional newly tooled etched parts from ITA

A9 Cruiser- full kit

A10 Cruiser - Full Kit

Covenanter MkII/IV - Full kit

Look out for these exciting releases over the coming months Smile

ChrisITA
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Re: New Kits Coming from Inside the Armour

Post  S P Hammerton on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi Chris

As someone who's into both British and early-WWII armour, I'm a very happy bunny.

Simon

S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location Location : St Just, West Cornwall

http://www.simonhammerton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisITA on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:38 pm

The good news , is now that I have the MkI/II with a good hollow turret, I can crack on with the interior kit and a Churchill OKE conversion too Wink

ChrisITA
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Oh excellent Very Happy , that should help fill the range !

Jenny flower

Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy J on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 am

Excellent news Chris, these will be very popular.

Already asked on ML, but might as well ask here as well. Did you get the masters for the North Irish Horse conversions? Not that getting hold of a PzIII cupola and suitable references is exactly difficult.

Andy

Andy J
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Gunnislake, Cornwall

Back to top Go down

Post  carabinier on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Very Happy cheers Very Happy

carabinier
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : North Staffordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisITA on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Andy J wrote: Did you get the masters for the North Irish Horse conversions? Not that getting hold of a PzIII cupola and suitable references is exactly difficult.

Andy

Hi Andy,

As far as I am awar the NIH operated two 'special' forms of churchill in addition to the MkIII, MkIV, MkIV75, MkV, MkVI and MKVII

These were the NA75 and the MkICs

There is a good NA75 available from Resicast already, and Lionmarc just released one. Knowing the products of both companies well I can say that both will be outstanding (although resicast edges it for me by dint of having most of the turret interior Wink )

So no room for me to release one of those

The MkIcs for those that don't know was a MkI with the turret 2pdr removed and replaced with a second 3in Howitzer (another version was used in North Africa and in the UK with the 2pdr and 3in gun transposed but this was never used by the NIH) The NIH version also had a PzIII cuppola fitted that scavenged from captured damaged and destroyed DAK tanks

Two were used in Italy; Ashbourne and Bushmills. They were deployed in tHE HQ Squadron and were pretty much used for laying smoke only, although they were technically also capable of laying HE. They were eventually replaced with MkVs

I have not bought Cromwells version because A) it would have cost too much just to get a couple of extra parts, and B) The parts are wrong for Ashbourne and Bushmills anyway. The Cromwell kit used an earlier cuppola with the large conical studs. Ashbourne and bushmills used the later version without them

Given the ease of mastering the parts I will do my own version of a conversion for NIH MKIcs tanks, probably including decals

Chris

ChrisITA
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy J on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Chris

It was the MkIcs with the Pz III cupola that I was interested in (not that I'm not interested in a NA75...) as they have a lot of visual appeal as does the idea of nicked Jerry bits to keep obsolete tanks as combat effective Very Happy

Andy

Andy J
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Gunnislake, Cornwall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top