PODCASTS THAT WILL PROVIDE GREAT LISTENING WHILE MODELLING

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PODCASTS THAT WILL PROVIDE GREAT LISTENING WHILE MODELLING

Post  brokeneagle on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:16 am

Hello TNT'ers,
I have recently been listening to pocasts on my IPOD that I downloaded free from ITUNES. they are soundfiles and do not have any visuals so they are quick and easy to dowload. Oh no i hear you say (from those who are not to keen on tech stuff Sad )..........don't be put off it's easy and the topics are great.
ITUNES has a section from DAN CARLIN called HARDCORE HISTORY: the topics he covers are really interesting for history fans and his delivery is aimed at the 'easy listener'. In particular he has a 4 part series called 'GHOSTS OF THE OSTFRONT'which I cannot recomend too highly for ww2 fans. It covers the war in the east from start to finish and is fascinating, mainly due to Dan's delivery and the angle he approach's it from. His classic description of himself is "I'm not a history buff, I'm a history fan". He has other podcasts on Hannibal, the Romans, the Black Death and many more --really good gear guys. Try it out.
If you haven't got a IPOD you can just download to your PC/ LAPTOP and play from there - just download the ITUNES program first.
Alternatively you can go straight to Hardcore History's website. Cool Cool

Brokeneagle

brokeneagle
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Melbourne (Vic) Australia, Up the road from Peter who is around the corner from Matt.

Back to top Go down

Re: PODCASTS THAT WILL PROVIDE GREAT LISTENING WHILE MODELLING

Post  Tarok on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 am

If you like Roman history Mike Duncan's "The History of Rome" is excellent. A friend told me about a similar one about Byzantium history today - I'll have to find it tomorrow, but I think it's called something like 12 Kings of Byzantium...

Tarok
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Leggy on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Thanks for the heads up, have put it on my iphone.

Also for your info another great set of lectures is Thomas Childers - WWII A military and Social history.
30 parts, but easy listening and goes from the start through all the great battles - to atom bomb- highly recommend it.
If you cannot put down a good book you won't be able to stop listening to this bloke talk about WWII.

thanks again brokeneagle

Leggy
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Brisvegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks Ian,

I'll check them out!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Troy, Missouri USA

http://bob@bobletterman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Von Bulow on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Very Nice indeed Very Happy a lot easier than trying to watch Band of Brothers for the 1232nd time while trying to fid that dammed piece of photoetch! Mad

Von Bulow
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Canberra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top