Bofors AA - Who will be the first?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bofors AA - Who will be the first?

Post  László Harsányi on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:24 pm

AFV Club has announced its Bofors a long while ago, almost the same time as Italeri. Now Bronco announced also a Bofors (here is the poster at PMMS), this time a Canadian version, with all the song and dance, ammo bin, ammo crate, spare barrel, PE. It is scheduled for September, I wonder whether AFV Club will come out with theirs or put it aside?

BTW: What was the difference between the Canadian and the non-Canadian guns? Were these ones used just by the Canadian troops or by any CW unit?

László Harsányi
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Budapest

Back to top Go down

Laszlo .........

Post  Cheyenne on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:19 pm

The Swedish Bofors company either sold the actual gun or the license to manufacture the gun to 29 countries both axis and allied from the 1930s through the 1940s.

I think the only differences you'll see are the licensed built guns and then only in the sights and firing platforms , the gun was basically the same .

The U.S. wasn't a favorite of the 37mm Bofors and didn't start using the 40mm until 1941 .
I'm pretty sure the British were the first avid users of the 40mm .

I have the Italeri gun kit and one with my Italeri P.T. boat , ....... I spent way to much for the lone Italeri gun kit at my l.h.s. but it was a gotta have moment .
I'm looking foward to the other releases , .......... I gotta start saving ................

Canadian CMP with 40mm

Polish 40mm

African American aa unit .

Just a cool pic I saved .............

My favorite the Morris 40mm mobile aa gun .................

Cheyenne
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Jersey Shore L.B.I.

Back to top Go down

Re: Bofors AA - Who will be the first?

Post  László Harsányi on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Cheyenne

thank you for the photos and for the answer. I know these guns, when I served my time we shared the barrack with an AA unit and their guns parked just under my window (those were soviet made copies). I wanted to buy the Italeri one when it came out but then I saw the details and the promise of the AFV Club and decided not to. The two Bronco kits I have (the Staghound and the Humber) are very nicely detailed, the same is true about the Churchill from AFV Club so I'm looking forward to see it.

As a secret hope, maybe Bronco jump on the British softskin bandwagon and issue a Morris series.

László Harsányi
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Budapest

Back to top Go down

Post  tedhodson on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks for the news and the photos/info. This is a must-buy for me, it would look great in a bunker with hundreds of shell casings around it.

tedhodson
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Victoria BC Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top